Vital Research (Vital) is a national research consulting firm specializing in delivering quality social science research. Our mission is to amplify the voices of underrepresented populations through inclusive social science research and evaluation that create vibrant communities. Our team executes research, evaluation, and survey projects to clients across 37 states spanning multiple industries. The result – we help clients answer key questions, generate useful findings, and transform communities.
Vital has an immediate need for an organized and dedicated Scheduler to join our team on a temporary, 4-month project starting January 13, 2020. This individual will work in our Mid-Wilshire office location and support our Aging & Disabilities team with a large-scale survey research project under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. This position involves communicating primarily over the phone and through email communication to schedule face-to-face interviews performed by field interviewers at nursing home facilities. If you enjoy fast-paced work and you take a meticulous approach to your tasks, we’re interested in hearing from you.
- Provide excellent customer service utilizing professional interpersonal skills and superior phone etiquette with nursing home staff, the internal team, and clients.
- Make a high volume of calls to nursing facility administrators to schedule face-to-face interviews for our Field Interviewer team.
- Coordinate schedules with the internal team, Field interviewers, and nursing facility staff.
- Use Microsoft Access to monitor and track project scheduling activities.
- Follow directions precisely and repeatedly while maintaining focus and energy.
- Adhere to strict timelines without exceptions.
- Send reminder emails/calls about upcoming appointments.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts and make changes as necessary; communicate those changes with the internal staff.
- Comply with confidentiality, federal HIPAA regulations, and adhere to data security requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One-year of customer service or administrative experience.
- Must be available M-F, 5:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (averaging 40 hours/week; as needed).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Access.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfort making cold calls: wearing a headset and sitting for long periods of time.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, phone demeanor and solid organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities to make the best scheduling decision for multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify/solve problems and ask for assistance when needed.
- Ability to multi-task, take direction, adhere to strict deadlines, and change direction in response to unpredictable work situations.
- Maintain clear, accurate, and comprehensive records.
- Adhere to data security and privacy protocols.
- Basic knowledge of health care terminology highly desired.
Salary: $20 / hour
Vital Research is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or national origin.
To apply, please submit BOTH a cover letter and resume. Submission without both items will not be considered. For more information about Vital Research, visit www.vitalresarch.com